The Art & Practice of Spiritual Herbalism: Transform, Heal, and Remember with the Power of Plants and Ancestral Medicine | Paperback
Guided by leading Black herbalist Karen Rose, discover how to harness the magic of plants and diasporic ancestral practices in remedies and ritual.
Master Herbalist Karen Rose is a first-generation immigrant from Guyana with ancestors from Ghana, the Congo, China, and India who continues her grandmother’s legacy as a healer and herbalist. In The Art & Practice of Spiritual Herbalism, she shares her wisdom on how to partner plants and rituals to guide the process of self-healing. As you alleviate physical symptoms and heal emotional and spiritual imbalances, you will see how plants can help you stand in your power, strengthen your intuition, and provide protection.
This guide to harnessing the power of plants is a practical tool for working through the symptoms of body disease and the underlying emotional and spiritual issues. Organized by major body systems—circulatory, respiratory, digestive, liver, sexual, skin, nervous systems, and immune health—The Art & Practice of Spiritual Herbalism gives a brief overview of the physical mechanisms of the system, the spiritual correspondences associated with that system, and the plants, remedies, and rituals that can be used to bring oneself back to healing and balance.
Accompanied by beautiful color illustrations of the plants, the organs they affect, and their related spirits, or orishas, each plant profile includes:
- Botanical and pharmacological information
- Planetary correspondences
- Ethnobotanical and historical use
- Healing properties and indications
- Methods of preparation and dosage
Applying this herbal wisdom, the recipes include:
- 4th Chakra Heart Oil for healing a broken heart, also helpful for healing generational trauma
- Inspired Sleep and Dreams Tea to inspire dreams
- Breathe Easy Steam to improve respiratory health
- Immunity Chai Tea to fight off cold and flu viruses
- Laying Hands Stomach and Womb Oil for indigestion and menstrual discomfort
- A Castor Oil Pack for Liver Health to remove pain and swelling from sprains and bruises
Filled with stories, ancestral recipes, and accessible practices that anyone can use, The Art & Practice of Spiritual Herbalism shows you how to use the power of plants for spiritual and physical healing.